The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) has hinted that an investigation could be launched into unaccounted revenues generated by the federation from World Cup 2006. President of the TTFF Raymond Tim Kee announced Tuesday that a probe is being considered during a press conference at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, reports CMC. "From our understanding, TTFF is very much a part of ...
A customer leaves a private supermarket with her purchases, including toilet paper, in Caracas, Venezuela. First milk, butter and coffee ran short. Now Venezuela is running out of the most basic of necessities - toilet ...
Supermarket staff work next to partially empty shelves of toilet paper in Caracas, May 16, 2013. Supplies of food and other basic products have been patchy in recent months, with long queues forming at supermarkets and rushes occurring when there is news of a new stock ...
CARACAS (AFP) - Venezuela's National Assembly approved a $79 million credit to import toilet paper and other personal hygiene products to relieve shortages in the petroleum-rich state.The South American OPEC member has the world's largest proven oil reserves but has wrestled with periodic shortages of several consumer goods since price controls were imposed in 2003 under the late ...
For several days beginning Wednesday Uruguay, as its neighbours, Brazil and Argentina will be ruled by a woman. Lucia Topolansky, Fist Lady but also Senator and third in the succession line will become interim president since her husband is off on an official trip to China and Europe, and Vice-president Danilo Astori will be attending the Alliance of the Pacific summit in ...
The Last of the Mohicans [DVD]
Director Michael Mann said that his first memory of going to the movies was the 1936 version of The Last of the Mohicans. It is fitting, then, that when he returned to the big screen after several years working in TV (he was the producer and creator of Miami Vice), he would tackle James Fenimore Cooper's overwritten classic about the rustic adventures of Natty Bumpo, also know ... ...
Caracas, May 22 (Prensa Latina) Venezuela will host the Ministerial Meeting of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in the Social Development and Poverty Eradication sector, to be held in July, announced official sources today. Venezuelan Foreign Minister Elias Jaua said that he met today with diplomatic representatives from 33 Latin American countries accredited in this ...
ANAHEIM, Calif. — As impressive as Endy Chavez looked hitting that ninth-inning, pinch-hit home run for the Mariners in Cleveland on Monday, he's done it all before. Chavez became the first Mariners player in 23 years to hit a go-ahead homer in the ninth inning or later. Ken Griffey Jr. did it in 1990. But on Tuesday, Chavez, who weighs all of 170 pounds and isn't known for home ...
President Nicolas Maduro on Tuesday denounced as "psychological war" a leaked audio recording that purports to show a power struggle among key followers of the late Hugo ...
U.S. crude futures prices fell below $96 a barrel on Wednesday after an unexpected increase in U.S. gasoline stockpiles ahead of the summer driving season in the world's largest oil ...
they’re launching an investigation into the rigging of oil prices. It’s long been known that much of what drives the price of oil, and therefore gasoline, food, and other products, is not the free market, but rather, the biggest players in the oil market, and yet this has largely gone untouched while people throw blame here, there and everywhere for the high price of gasoline. The ...
Did I hear right?
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Le Meridien Dubai
I had taken a rental car from Abu Dhabi and driven up to Dubai, a trip of about 140 kilometres. ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Venezuela StarVenezuela Star | National Venezuela & International News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Venezuela Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Venezuela news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Venezuelan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Venezuela news, the weather forecast for Venezuela you'll find it all in the Venezuela Star.
From the Amazon to Valencia, the Venezuela Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) has hinted that an investigation could be launched into unaccounted revenues generated by the federation from World Cup 2006.
President of the TTFF Raymond Tim Kee announced Tuesday that a probe is being considered during a press conference at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, reports CMC.
"From our understanding, TTFF is very much a part of CONCACAF, and in pursuit of (CONCACAF's) uncovering and investigating all the goings-on in the past, Trinidad and Tobago has not been exempted from that," said Tim Kee.
"I believe that arm will be extended to the TTFF, where the forensics and all the investigations will be done."
Earlier this year, TTFF announced that it was suing embattled former Minister of National Security, Jack Warner, who is also its former special advisor, in an effort to recover millions of dollars in unaccounted funds including those earmarked as aid for Haiti.
Warner has been accused in a CONCACAF report of financial fraud.
The report said Warner used deceptive methods to secure funds from CONCACAF and FIFA as well as induced FIFA to transfer funds earmarked for development purposes to bank accounts he controlled.
Warner, an ex-Caribbean Football Union (CFU) and CONCACAF president, has vehemently denied all charges. ...
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Six Afghan policemen killed in Herat bombing
- Genocide conviction of former Guatemala dictator overturned
- Chinese boat with 16 fishermen freed by North Korea
- James Bonds lost watch resurfaces at flea market
- CA considering social media policy after Warner Twitter rant
- Indian film festival to be held in Seoul
- Jimmy Shergill looking forward to work with Pakistan film industry
- Veena Malik Promotes Zindagi 50-50 by distributing condoms in red light area in Mumbai
- US singer sues McDonalds over piece of glass in chicken sandwich
- Kanye West has been pushing me to return to music says Will Smith
- Amy Winehouse foundation raises 1.9 mn pounds annually
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Contostavlos Simpsons relation on rocks
- UK mum does house chores in her sleep
- Humour emotion run high at PM forum
- Photos 2013 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand a ratings hit with stars outrageous outfits
- Bernanke testimony follows charge he withheld information
- European olive oil rules are bizarre says prime minister
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- Azad meets US Health Secretary Sebelius
- George Michael may have jumped out of speeding car
- Indo-China bilateral meet on healthcare sector held at Geneva
- Imran Khans PTI seeks pro-Taliban clerics help to initiate peace talks with outfit
- I look forward to wrinkles says Winona Ryder
- Video Lets Talk Investing What will rising rates do to indebted seniors
- Grandparent scams steal thousands from seniors
- A tremendous guy David Bowie pays tribute to former bassist Trevor Bolder who died aged 62
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Venezuela Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Trinindad Football hints at probe to uncover missing funds
- It’s back to basics for Venezuela
- Venezuela is running out of toilet paper
- Venezuela moves to relieve toilet paper shortage
- Uruguay joins the women’s presidential club Mujica flies to China and Astori to Colombia