BEIJING - China has awarded its first superfast 4G telecommunications licences to three mobile phone companies. Designed to give mobile phone users faster access to the internet services, the first set of licenses were granted by the government to China Mobile, China Unicom Hong Kong and China Telecom. It is not as yet clear if any rollout conditions have been attached to the licences, or ...
A UK company is in the midst of developing a technology that will take power plants to skies. UK-based New Wave Energy is in the process of developing an army of power-generating drone aircraft measuring 20x20m (65ft). The crafts are going to be fitted with four small propellers that keep it aloft, and a large, flat surface that's covered in solar panels, Extreme Tech reported. Turbines are ...
http://www.noblecorp.com . A replay of each presentation will be available on our website approximately three hours after the conclusion of the live presentation and will be available for 30 days following each event. About Noble ...
HON ) announced today that its laminate film designed to keep solar panels cooler and more efficient has been named one of the top 10 most innovative materials in a competition held ...
a report from the U.S. Department of Commerce revealing that growth in the U.S. oil and natural gas industry contributed to record exports in October. The U.S. trade deficit shrank ...
Hes certainly not an above-the-title movie star, but theres no one else working in Hollywood who could have pulled off the eponymous role in Hellboy other than Ron Perlman. A consummate supporting actor with dozens of movies under his belt, Perlman is one of those actors you always recogni ... ...
Venezuela StarVenezuela Star | National Venezuela & International News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Venezuela Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Venezuela news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Venezuelan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Venezuela news, the weather forecast for Venezuela you'll find it all in the Venezuela Star.
From the Amazon to Valencia, the Venezuela Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Bongani Nqwababa as independent non-executive director with effect from 5 December 2013. Mr. Nqwababa is the financial director of Anglo American Platinum Limited and an independent non-executive director of Old Mutual plc. He is a former finance director of Eskom Holdings Limited. Prior to joining Eskom, he served as treasurer and chief financial officer of Shell Southern Africa. Bongani ...
The South African Court of Appeal has ordered Harmony to pay to clean up water pollution near mines west of Johannesburg, even after selling the land five years ...
Denmark is at the vanguard of renewable energy use. 40 percent of Danish electricity is generated by renewable sources-nearly three-quarters of which is wind power. Being at the forefront of renewable energy take-up, Denmark is becoming a living laboratory for innovative solutions to challenges arising from the shift away from fossil fuels. A distinct advantage of fossil fuels powering an ...
Manama, Dec. 5. (BNA) -- The Public Utilities and Environment Committee at the Shura Council has recommended approving a draft resolution accompanying Royal Decree 59/2013 on by-law of GCC Emergency Management Centre. This came as the committee convened here today under the chairmanship of Juma Al-Kaabi. It is to be noted the panel conducted a comprehensive review of the articles contained ...
Video Storm leaves 7000 homes without electricity as roads are shut and railway lines obstructed across Northern Ireland
The amount the Northern Ireland Executive receives from Westminster to fund public services will increase by £136 million over the next two ...
South Africa's Quinton de Kock plays India's Bhuvneshwar Kumar delivery during their 1st One-Day International (ODI) in Johannesburg. (Reuters ...
CREDIT: Shutterstock This week the right-wing American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), an influential lobbying group composed of Republican politicians and big businesses, is hosting its ';States and Nation Policy Summit'; in Washington, DC. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) is giving the keynote, and Republican budget leaders Representative Paul Ryan (R-WI) and Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI) ...
Each week, we’ll rank the top contenders to man the pipes for Team USA and Team Canada in Sochi based on their play to date. This time, though, we’re expanding our scope to include a look at the possible starters for Finland, Sweden and Russia. (All stats current as of Wed. Dec. ...
EDMONTON - Capital Power Corp. (TSX:CPX) and Enmax Corp. plan to jointly develop a two-unit gas-fired power plant west of Edmonton, near the site of the existing Genesee coal-fired operation. Construction of the gas-fired Genesee 4 and 5 facility is expected to be completed between 2018 and 2020, to meet growing demand and to replace retired coal-fired units, Capital Power said Thursday. The ...
EFOI ) today announced that Dennis M. Chack, President of Ohio Utilities for FirstEnergy Corp, one of the nation's largest utility companies, has joined Energy Focus' Advisory Board. As the President of Ohio Utilities for FirstEnergy Corp, Mr. Chack is responsible for managing approximately 3,800 employees and four million customers with over $5 billion in annual revenues. A photo ...
Did I hear right?
When it comes to Iran's nuclear weapons program, the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf's clothing, Rouhani is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.
The chief lobbyist for the National Retail Federation was speaking about talks to end the U.S. government shutdown.
Have Your Say
How well is the U.S. Congress performing in its efforts to re-open the U.S. government?
News ReleasesThe Venezuela Star.com News Release Publishing Service provides a medium for circulating your organization's news.
Jurys Inn Christchurch
Driving around Dublin I came across an imposing building with the masthead, Jurys Inn Christchurch. I was looking to do ...Keep reading
Former football star Diego Maradona has been invited by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) to play a "Match for Peace" from their team.
The match involving a team of retired football players is being organized by former Colombian captain Carlos Valderrama, the Daily Times reports.
According to the report, the game has been organized to gain international exposure for the talks between the government of Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos and the FARC to be held in Cuba to resolve a decade old conflict.
The conflict between the FARC and the successive Colombian governments has been going on for nearly half a century and has claimed more than 200,000 lives. (ANI)
Top Utilities News from Yesterday
- Hezbollah blames Israel for commander's shooting death
- Canada rocked by rash of soldier suicides in one week
- Biden encourages Chinese to challenge their government
- Nuns allegedly abducted from Syria, Pope prays for their safety
- Judge allows Obama's uncle to stay in US
- Topless US woman runs after Peeping Tom who secretly films her trying on bras
- Idris Elba more selective about roles after Nelson Mandela flick
- Bruce Jenner lands small role in spoof film
- Gal Gadot set to star as Wonder Woman in Batman-Superman flick
- NASA probe obtains best views of Saturns unique six-sided jet stream
- Spotify reveals pays more than $1bn in royalties per year
- Royal prank DJ Mel Greig quits Oz radio station
- Lee Ranaldo Will Teach You Guitar - Premiere
- When goodbye had a different meaning Victory Belles sing World War II-era songs to aging vets
- Kanye Wests Newest Alter-Ego The Straight Black Liberace
- Tippy the Fainting Squirrel an online superstar
- Bad Sex Award 2013 Orgy in the face of nuclear threat Strange News
- CIOs Say Cost Complexity Impede True Mobile Gains in Enterprise
- Curious about the much discussed PISA exam Try the test for yourself
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Choir singing can boost mental health
- Gwyneth Paltrow to host fitness web series with trainer Tracy Anderson
- US Russian diplomats cheated health care program
- Hospital suspends head maternity nurse
- Emergency medicine conference on Sunday
- UN Pace poverty reduction slowing down in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oscar De La Hoya Felix Trinidad and Joe Calzaghe headline boxing HOF’s Class of 2014
- 257 visitors touch down in Tobago
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Declares Dividend
- Research and Markets Trinidad and Tobago Oil and Gas Markets Outlook to 2025
- Study Offers Hope For Middle-Aged Womens Sex Drive
- When goodbye had a different meaning Victory Belles sing World War II-era songs to aging vets
- Toucher Rich Fred Does ‘Dying Wallach’ And Adolfo Tries Improv
- Dying Woman Will Be Released From Prison To Receive Hospice Care Thanks To Supreme Court Decision
- Thieves of Mexico truck carrying radioactive material in very great risk of dying
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Venezuela Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Columbian rebels invite Maradona to play match for peace in Cuba
- World Cup South America v Europe is still the dominant opposition | Barney Ronay
- Oil prices mixed amid Middle East oversupply concerns
- Loonie advances amid higher oil prices traders look to Canadian U.S. jobs data
- ADNOC announces its crude oil prices for November