JOHANNESBURG - The National Energy Regulator of South Africa (Nersa) has granted power producer Eskom a licence for its Sere wind farm in the Western Cape, paving the way for the company to start construction of its $254.3 million (R2.4-billion) project. Sere is the Nama word for "cool breeze". The wind farm project is scheduled to become fully commercially operational by the end of ...
A Mediterranean diet with added extra virgin olive oil or mixed nuts seems to improve the brain power of older people better than advising them to follow a low-fat diet, according to a new research. The researchers from the University of Navarra in Spain base their findings on 522 men and women aged between 55 and 80 without cardiovascular disease but at high vascular risk because of underlying ...
WASHINGTON - The new U.S. Energy Secretary promised a review of the government's existing studies of natural gas exports, raising the possibility that the U.S. might re-do the analysis that has underpinned previous permit approvals. Ernest Moniz, who was sworn in Tuesday, said he is "committed to doing a review of what's out there in terms of impact analysis" before ...
) (the "Partnership") today announced that Coffeyville Resources, LLC (the "Selling Unitholder"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CVR Energy, Inc., will sell, subject to market conditions, 12,000,000 common units representing limited partner interests (the "common units") in the Partnership in a registered public offering. In connection with the offering, the Selling ...
May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Western Wind Energy Corp. -- (the "Company" or "Western Wind") (TSX Venture Exchange -- "WND") (OTCQX -- "WNDEF") today announced that WWE Equity Holdings Inc., an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners L.P., has completed its compulsory acquisition of the outstanding common shares ...
Despite getting good reviews and several Oscar nominations when it was first released in 1945, in the long run, Alfred Hitchcock's Spellbound, the second of four films he would make with powerful independent producer David O. Selznick, has gotten a pretty bad rap. Consider that, in the lengthy, book-length interviews Franois Truffaut conducted with Hitchcock, the section on Spellbound ...
, an innovative smart grid analytics firm for the utility industry, has unveiled a configurable online customer portal application that electric utilities can offer their customers. This hosted application can be customized to offer specific and actionable data regarding energy consumption, allowing the customer to view their energy usage at the smallest interval increment that the utility ...
September 2011 and brings extensive transactional and financial experience to the Board, including ten years in the renewable power industry. The Company wishes to thank Mr. Sweeney for his years of service, and the pivotal role he played in the development of Alterra over the years. About Alterra Power Corp. Alterra Power Corp. is a leading global renewable energy ...
Abtech Holdings Invited to Present at the Second Annual Marcum MicroCap Conference on May 30 2013 in NYC
May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Abtech Holdings, Inc. (OTC QB: ABHD) ("AbTech"), a full-service environmental technologies and engineering firm dedicated to providing innovative solutions to communities, industry and governments addressing issues of water pollution and contamination, announced that Chief Executive ...
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Procrastinators dropped off their ballots Tuesday as Portlanders decided for the first time in more than 30 years whether to add fluoride to their drinking water.Voters had weeks to make their choice in the mail-ballot election. It's now too late to rely on the postman, so drop boxes have been placed across the city to accommodate those who waited until the final day to ...
Santo Domingo.- The consolidated portfolio of energy generators that the power company AES manages offer the most competitive electricity prices in the local market as well as the Central America and Caribbean region. This was revealed by Marco De la Rosa, during breakfast the Energy Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAMDR), explaining that "AES sells a kilowatt hour of ...
Did I hear right?
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
JW Marriott, Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf
This luxury establishment is located in Summerlin, a golfing community about a 15 minute drive northwest of the Las Vegas ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Venezuela StarVenezuela Star | National Venezuela & International News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Venezuela Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Venezuela news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Venezuelan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Venezuela news, the weather forecast for Venezuela you'll find it all in the Venezuela Star.
From the Amazon to Valencia, the Venezuela Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Paraguay has become the main destination in South America for used cars from Japan, the US and other countries, thanks to new regulations aimed at making it easier to import automobiles so low-income consumers can purchase vehicles.
Used cars are all the rage in Paraguay, where vehicles that have been shipped from thousands of kilometers away are put to use as soon as they are repaired and made fit for the road.
"No one is dumb and everyone knows that the prices we have are good," used car dealer Francisco Lopez told EFE.
Lopez's Asuncion used car lot features vehicles from Japan, South Korea and the US, with prices starting at 20 million guaranies (about $4,700).
Paraguay imported 3,248 used cars, vans and light trucks in 2003, with imports of used vehicles climbing to 35,048 in 2008 and more than 55,000 last year, said a customs service spokesman.
Imports of new vehicles totaled 28,887 units in 2012, down 1.72 percent from the year before, the Automotive and Machinery Distributors Association, or Cadam, said.
Paraguay imported 23,334 automobiles in the January-March 2013 period, of which 16,161, or 69 percent, were used, the customs service spokesman said.
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Six Afghan policemen killed in Herat bombing
- Genocide conviction of former Guatemala dictator overturned
- Chinese boat with 16 fishermen freed by North Korea
- Veena Malik Promotes Zindagi 50-50 by distributing condoms in red light area in Mumbai
- Warner expected to plead guilty for Twitter rant during CA hearing
- Andhra markets GAME city at Cannes
- Love scenes are judged Michael Douglas
- Sir Anthony Hopkins joins John Travolta in John Gotti biopic
- Uganda to Continue Leaked Letter Investigation Says Official
- The true root causes of software security failures
- Unbelievable beef rendang with an Australian twist
- David Sedaris finds humour in the everyday
- Newspaper royal charter plans are bizarre says Liberty director
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- Oklahoma tornado kills 91 toll to rise
- Anabolic-androgenic steroids linked to reduced future mental health
- Lindsay Lohan struggles in rehab
- AES supplies energy at Central America and the Caribbean’s most competitive prices
- Xi to visit Latin America and the Caribbean
- Courtyard Port of Spain Partners with Trinidad And Tobago Hospitality And Tourism Institute
- Xi Visits 3 Latin American nations meet Obama in U.S.
- New chairman Marshall wants ‘clean’ CAL
- I look forward to wrinkles says Winona Ryder
- Bed sharing with parents raises risk of a baby dying from SIDS fivefold
- Winona Ryder proud of forehead lines
- UTMB gets $5M to study health care for elderly
- Further Austerity Will Subject Seniors To Even Deeper Poverty Report
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Venezuela Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Paraguay becomes South Americas used car paradise
- Venezuela TV host goes off air after audio scandal
- Colombia Two Spanish Tourists Kidnapped
- Brazilian Association of Travel Agencies opens registration for Tourism Fair of the Americas
- Prehistoric crocodiles ruled the roost in South America study finds