Johnny Depp has revealed that he might retire from Hollywood after he hits 60. The 'Rum Diary' star confessed to the Rolling stone magazine that he has considered giving up acting everyday, but does not want to live an inactive life, the Sun reported. The actor, 50, said that at a certain point, one must just take it down to the bare minimum and concentrate on really living life. Depp, who ...
Late Pope John Paul II has been confirmed to be steps away from 'sainthood' after his second miracle for a Costa Rican woman who was suffering from severe brain injury was approved by commission of theologians. According to New York Daily News, if the church approves the late Pope's miracle, it could lead him to 'sainthood' faster than anyone else in the history. The woman's family has claimed ...
Singer Miley Cyrus defends her decision to smoke weed saying it is far less dangerous than alcohol. The 20-year-old, who landed in hot water in 2010 when she was caught on film allegedly smoking pot from a bong, also joked that she smoked too much weed after receiving a Bob Marley cake for her 19th birthday, reports contactmusic.com. When asked if she is a "stoner", she said: "You can't ask ...
Lisa Snowdon, who dated Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney on and off for five years from 2000, has said that they still keep in touch. The 41-year-old English model told new! magazine that it doesn't bother her any more, the Daily Express reported. She said that at the end of the day he is Clooney so people will be interested in knowing about him. Snowdon that though she hasn't seen him ...
Cheryl Cole has been voted as the celebrity having the tattiest tattoos. The Sun had last week asked its readers to vote for the star who had screwed up their looks with body art. More than 12,500 readers voted, and of them 22 percent crowned Cole worst for her numerous designs, including the giant rose on her back. Justin Bieber was placed second with 18 percent of the votes, while rapper ...
Lost in Translation
Sofia Coppolas Lost in Translation is a beautiful, lyrical cinematic ode to lost souls finding each in an unlikely place. In this case, it is a burnt-out movie star and a lonely young newlywed who strike up a relationship in downtown Tokyo, where they both feel isolated and alone, spiritually and culturally. The location setting in Tokyowith its technologically overdetermined neon gaudines ... ...
Though he thinks about retiring from Hollywood everyday, actor Johnny Depp reveals he has no such immediate plans because his brain "on idle is a bad thing". "I think while I've got the opportunity, the desire and the creative spark to do the things that I can do right now, I should do them. And then, at a certain point, just take it down to the bare minimum and concentrate on, I guess, living ...
Singer Max George says he has moved on from his past relationship and is ready to mingle again. The 24-year-old was engaged to actress Michelle Keegan for almost two years, but they ended their relationship in April 2012. However, George, member of The Wanted band, now wants to enjoy life, reports thesun.co.uk. "I do fancy seeing someone else now. My last relationship, it was with a very ...
Hollywood's action film star Jackie Chan has expressed his love for Bollywood music and dance sequences, and added that he is waiting for the right script and film director before venturing into an Indo-Chinese Cine collaboration. Chan, who is of Chinese descent, is leading a delegation at a six-day Chinese film festival in New Delhi. Welcomed by a thundering applause, the multi-faceted action ...
New York: He waited by an elevator on the 13th floor of Police Headquarters, the final stop Wednesday in a whirlwind of television appearances and newspaper interviews since his line-of-duty injury the previous day: broken teeth, swollen snout.So the day went for Bear, a 6-year-old German shepherd with the Transit Bureau, and his handler, Officer Vincent Tieniber, after what had seemed a routine ...
"Arabian Knightz" is one of the rappin' Revolutionist bands (Photo courtesy of the band's Facebook page) The political turmoil that has been gripping the nation for more than two ...
Did I hear right?
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
THE WESTIN, LOS ANGELES AIRPORT
This was the second time I had reviewed this hotel. I understand it recently underwent a $15 million refurbishment, and ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Venezuela StarVenezuela Star | National Venezuela & International News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Venezuela Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Venezuela news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Venezuelan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Venezuela news, the weather forecast for Venezuela you'll find it all in the Venezuela Star.
From the Amazon to Valencia, the Venezuela Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Petroandina, a 60/40 joint venture of Bolivian state oil company YPFB and Venezuelan counterpart PDVSA, will invest an additional $35 million this year in a search for oil and gas in La Paz province.
That investment will bring to $151 million the total amount devoted to the Lliquimuni project since the beginning of 2011, YPFB said.
Lliquimuni, located in northern La Paz province, may hold as much as 50 million barrels of oil and 1 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, according to an October 2011 study by YPFB.
The zone is part of a hydrocarbon-rich geological formation that extends into Venezuela's Orinoco Belt, which boast some of the largest proven petroleum reserves in the world, YPFB said.
Petroandina expects to drill its first well in La Paz province in December, YPFB president Carlos Villegas said Monday at a forum on economic development.
"The government will spend as much money as is necessary to find petroleum" in the province, Bolivian Vice President Alvaro Garcia Linera said at the same event.
Bolivia's proven natural gas reserves were estimated at 11.2 trillion cubic feet in December 2012, up from 9.9 trillion feet three years earlier.
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Kim Jong-un on 'luxury yacht' in North Korea
- Eight UN aid workers among 15 dead in Somalia militant attack
- Obama wife and daughters take walk in Wicklow Mountains National Park
- Brad Pitt to open Moscow film fest with `World War Z
- Russell Crowe to direct his first feature film
- ECB chief says Warner row brought CA England authorities closer together
- Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha promote Lootera on Emotional Atyachaar 4 sets
- First look of movie Issaq revealed
- Kim K and Kanye Wests baby is meant to be says pal Brittny Gastineau
- What workers hate about work culture at Facebook
- 14 outrageous things to learn overseas
- James Gandolfini Movies True Romance Zero Dark Thirty Not Fade Away Where The Wild Things Are More
- Garde Gardom recalled fondly as a happy warrior with a terrific sense of humour
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- UN iLanceti journal to hold meeting on AIDS response and global health
- US Cervical Cancer Vaccines Cut Rates of HPV Infections
- Ukhand CM Bahuguna thanks PM Sonia says immediate priority is rescue and evacuation
- Letting other system doctors give allopathic drugs dangerous IMA
- Jamaica gives CAL one-month deadline
- Why no charges yet in CLICO fiasco
- Former Canada manager Stephen Hart to coach Trinidad and Tobago
- Venezuela Wreckage of plane that disappeared in 2008 located off Caribbean archipelago
- Mango Festival in Trinidad and Tobago pays homage to the kings of tropical fruit
- Three B.C. seniors graduate high school — over half a century later
- Chinese tourists abuse of dying dolphin creates wave of public outrage
- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies of heart attack in Italy aged 51
- Can middle aged women handle the crop
- Two-fifths of U.S. adults care for sick elderly relatives
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Venezuela Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Bolivia Venezuela collaborate in search for oil
- Futures Movers Oil prices struggle on energy demand Fed worries
- Venezuelan leading university attacked buses torches
- Venezuela to Boost Domestic Natural Gas Production
- Venezuela - Venezuelan court stops judge from using social media