Actress Kristen Stewart was reportedly nursing her broken heart by spending an entire day at singer Taylor Swift's house here. Stewart, 22, is once again going through a rough patch in her relationship with Robert Pattinson after he moved out of their love nest. It is said that he caught the actress' messages to director Rupert Sanders, with whom she had a fling in July last year. Stewart was ...
Singer Kanye West wants actor Will Smith to start making music again, but Smith says he needs to be "truly inspired". "I've been messing around with West. We went in the studio a couple times, so I might get the bug. I'm not going to do it unless I'm truly inspired, but he's been pushing me a little bit," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Smith as saying. Smith's last album released in ...
Singer Dannii Minogue says the pressure of fame when she started her singing career in the 1980s, was awful. But she admits she has learnt to tackle it over the years. The 41-year-old, a former judge of reality show "The X Factor", admits that the fear is all in one's head. "I think it's because if you build something up in your head you get a fear of it. It was just like having a fear of ...
Pop star Jennifer Lopez will reportedly perform on the semi-final episode of music reality show "Britain's Got Talent", and sing her latest track "Live it up". Pop star Demi Lovato might also sing her new single "Heart attack", reports thesun.co.uk. Other performers include singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding, who will sing her recent releases "Explosions" and "Anything can happen". Olly Murs ...
A Brooklyn gospel singer has sued McDonald's alleging her voice has been ruined after she swallowed a piece of glass that was in her chicken sandwich. Jacqueline Simpson told the New York Post that the glass left her with a "hoarse, rattly voice" and unable to sing soprano like she used to, Radar online reported. Simpson, who filed the lawsuit in Brooklyn Supreme Court, revealed she ate the ...
Shopgirl, which was written by Steven Martin based on his 2001 novella, is a more subtle, measured, and poignant version of L.A. Story (1991), an offbeat and at-the-time-underappreciated comedy that was also written by Martin. Both films are romances (albeit of vastly different t ... ...
Will Smith has revealed that rapper Kanye West has "been pushing" him to return to the music scene. The 44-year-old actor told HipHollywood.com that he has been messing around with West and both of them have been to studio a couple of times, the New York Daily News reported. Smith, who was a successful rapper before he made his way to superstardom as an actor, added that he is not going to ...
A foundation set up by late singer Amy Winehouse's father Mitch reportedly raised nearly 1.9 million pounds (over $2,000,000) in a year. The foundation helps homeless people, drug addicts and promotes young musicians. "We are honoured we can help so many young people in Amy's name. Good everyone was involved," thesun.co.uk quoted Mitch as saying. The foundation collected more than 700,000 ...
Microsoft has unveiled its latest video gaming console 'Xbox One' which is believed to transform games, TV and entertainment for the 21st century living room. The latest console reportedly promises a vision of the future. According to a report by the Mirror, 'Xbox One' will allow users to turn on the device with words like "Xbox On", and "snap" will allow users to watch two things at ...
Singer Tulisa Contostavlos and her beau Danny Simpson are reportedly facing a rough patch in their relationship. The couple has been dating each other from November last year, and they have been public about it. However, all's not well in their paradise, reports thesun.co.uk. "Danny and Tulisa's relationship became public very quickly and was very full-on. They've had a lot of stress and it ...
"Twilight" may have wrapped up its saga last year, but the enormously popular franchise lives on in the hearts and minds of young moviegoers the world over — evidenced by its ...
Did I hear right?
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Comfort Hotel Portrush
I arrived into Portrush, after a journey from Belfast to Londonderry on the M2 Motorway. Having seen Londonderry I was ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Venezuela StarVenezuela Star | National Venezuela & International News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Venezuela Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Venezuela news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Venezuelan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Venezuela news, the weather forecast for Venezuela you'll find it all in the Venezuela Star.
From the Amazon to Valencia, the Venezuela Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
In Venezuela, the laws of supply and demand are undermining the socialist revolution started by the late President Hugo Chavez. Since Chavez's hand-picked successor Nicolas Maduro won the Venezuelan presidential election in April - by a margin of less than 2 percent - high inflation and a shortage of staple goods are now leading many on both sides of this politically-divided country to question whether its current economic course is sustainable.
Recently, toilet paper has been in short supply in Venezuela. The situation improved only after the National Assembly approved funding to increase needed foreign imports. Shortages of staple goods have become common occurrences in this rich country with the third-largest oil reserves in the world. Many economists blame the socialist policies of the late President Hugo Chavez. He instituted price controls on some products to curb inflation, resulting in both reduced domestic production and high inflation after the controls were lifted. Currency exchange controls have also restricted foreign imports.
Latin American analyst Diana Negroponte, with the Brookings Institution, says this is a crisis for newly-elected President Nicolas Maduro who must impose free-market reforms before the economy implodes or face dire political consequences. ...
- Twister that hit Oklahoma caused $2 bn in damage
- FBI kill Florida man known to Boston bombing suspects
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- Iran allows eight candidates for presidential race
- North Korean special envoy visits China to win confidence
- Warner to face Cricket Australia hearing via teleconference
- David Warner fined $5750 for twitter rant
- James Bonds lost watch resurfaces at flea market
- CA considering social media policy after Warner Twitter rant
- Indian film festival to be held in Seoul
- UK mum does house chores in her sleep
- M16 Had Secret D-Day Hit List Records Reveal
- Surgeons remove tigers basketball-sized hairball
- Strange calls for special prosecutor in IRS case
- Top House Republicans calls second round of sequester idiotic but says his hands are tied
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- Brad Pitts drug tales
- Amity physiotherapy OPD to provide free services to all strata of society
- Azad meets US Health Secretary Sebelius
- George Michael may have jumped out of speeding car
- Trinindad Football hints at probe to uncover missing funds
- Kobo Town A Haunted Jukebox Filled With Caribbean Sounds
- Stressed in Cuba the Need to Increase Links in the Caribbean
- Research and Markets Trinidad Tobago Exploration and Production Market Analysis and Outlook to 2020
- CIBC says thanks to TT staff
- Imran Khans PTI seeks pro-Taliban clerics help to initiate peace talks with outfit
- ‘We have done this because Muslims are dying every day. . . We will never stop ’
- Woman charged with mistreatment of elderly mother
- Country living far from an easy stroll for nations elderly
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Venezuela Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Free Market Reforms Needed to Fix Venezuelas Socialist Economic Problems
- Trinindad Football hints at probe to uncover missing funds
- Venezuela toilet paper shortage ends with new toilet paper shipments
- Nine killed by rebels in Colombia
- Venezuelas Maduro still waiting on Washingtons recognition