Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
The Court of Arbitration for Sport has dismissed Athens Olympic champion Koji Murofushi's challenge of an International Olympic Committee's (IOC) disqualification from member election. The Japanese hammer thrower was disqualified from IOC's athletes committee member election after claims he excessively lobbied fellow athletes ahead of voting at the London Olympics, reports Xinhua. The IOC has ...
Sports media giant ESPN has given pink slips to nearly 7,000 employees on Tuesday, the network said in a statement. The Bristol, Connecticut-based company said it was looking at the financial bottom line. In a statement the company said that they were implementing changes across the company to enhance their continued growth while smartly managing costs. It added that while difficult, they ...
Microsoft has unveiled its latest video gaming console 'Xbox One' which is believed to transform games, TV and entertainment for the 21st century living room. The latest console reportedly promises a vision of the future. According to a report by the Mirror, 'Xbox One' will allow users to turn on the device with words like "Xbox On", and "snap" will allow users to watch two things at ...
The week before Adam Scott won the Masters in April, Uniqlo announced that it had signed the golfer to a multiyear endorsement contract. A year earlier, Novak Djokovic (at right) also became a brand ambassador for Uniqlo and reclaimed his spot as the world's No. 1 men's tennis ...
Shopgirl, which was written by Steven Martin based on his 2001 novella, is a more subtle, measured, and poignant version of L.A. Story (1991), an offbeat and at-the-time-underappreciated comedy that was also written by Martin. Both films are romances (albeit of vastly different t ... ...
Swapping the sunshine of California for the humidity of Florida, the Dunphy-Pritchett clan gathered down South for Phil’s mother’s funeral. What ensued was a lot of exaggerated stereotypes, even more sweating, and a few tender ...
Five middle-aged men were seated in a clinical gray conference room to discuss the latest advertising campaign for 2(x)ist, an underwear label famous for plastering aggressive images of hyper-ripped, nearly naked men on bus shelters and phone kiosks just about ...
ST. LOUIS (KSDK) - Tim Murphy is a bit of a sports fanatic. "This is a bubble boy game signed by Wayne Gretzky," Murphy pointed out. He has mounds of memorabilia to prove it. "This is a Masters flag signed by Tom Watson," he added. It's his love of sports that also sparked an idea. "It's a smartphone app for live sporting and music events," Murphy ...
Former Major League Baseball player Jose Canseco has been accused of sexual assault, Las Vegas police said Wednesday. Police said they contacted Canseco during the morning and he had agreed to be interviewed, the Las Vegas Sun reported. The questioning had yet to take place. Canseco, 48, who lives in Las Vegas, clubbed 462 home runs, was a six-time all-star and won two World Series ...
Among its enthusiasts are Brett Heyman, 33, founder of the luxury accessories line Edie Parker, named for her daughter, Edie. Both Edies came into the world about three years ago, and that is when Ms. Heyman, with "definitely a lot going on in my life," met Chris Lospalluto, a hair stylist at Sharon Dorram Color in Sally Hershberger's Upper East Side location, who has since given ...
Did I hear right?
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Comfort Hotel Portrush
I arrived into Portrush, after a journey from Belfast to Londonderry on the M2 Motorway. Having seen Londonderry I was ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Venezuela StarVenezuela Star | National Venezuela & International News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Venezuela Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Venezuela news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Venezuelan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Venezuela news, the weather forecast for Venezuela you'll find it all in the Venezuela Star.
From the Amazon to Valencia, the Venezuela Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
In Venezuela, the laws of supply and demand are undermining the socialist revolution started by the late President Hugo Chavez. Since Chavez's hand-picked successor Nicolas Maduro won the Venezuelan presidential election in April - by a margin of less than 2 percent - high inflation and a shortage of staple goods are now leading many on both sides of this politically-divided country to question whether its current economic course is sustainable.
Recently, toilet paper has been in short supply in Venezuela. The situation improved only after the National Assembly approved funding to increase needed foreign imports. Shortages of staple goods have become common occurrences in this rich country with the third-largest oil reserves in the world. Many economists blame the socialist policies of the late President Hugo Chavez. He instituted price controls on some products to curb inflation, resulting in both reduced domestic production and high inflation after the controls were lifted. Currency exchange controls have also restricted foreign imports.
Latin American analyst Diana Negroponte, with the Brookings Institution, says this is a crisis for newly-elected President Nicolas Maduro who must impose free-market reforms before the economy implodes or face dire political consequences. ...
- Twister that hit Oklahoma caused $2 bn in damage
- FBI kill Florida man known to Boston bombing suspects
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- Iran allows eight candidates for presidential race
- North Korean special envoy visits China to win confidence
- Penitent Warner fined 5750 dollars by CA for Twitter rant
- Warner to face Cricket Australia hearing via teleconference
- David Warner fined $5750 for twitter rant
- James Bonds lost watch resurfaces at flea market
- Indian film festival to be held in Seoul
- UK mum does house chores in her sleep
- Surgery to remove 1.8kg furball
- M16 Had Secret D-Day Hit List Records Reveal
- Surgeons remove tigers basketball-sized hairball
- Strange calls for special prosecutor in IRS case
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- Brad Pitts drug tales
- Amity physiotherapy OPD to provide free services to all strata of society
- Azad meets US Health Secretary Sebelius
- George Michael may have jumped out of speeding car
- Trinindad Football hints at probe to uncover missing funds
- Kobo Town A Haunted Jukebox Filled With Caribbean Sounds
- Stressed in Cuba the Need to Increase Links in the Caribbean
- Research and Markets Trinidad Tobago Exploration and Production Market Analysis and Outlook to 2020
- CIBC says thanks to TT staff
- Italy has lowest graduate share in Europe
- Imran Khans PTI seeks pro-Taliban clerics help to initiate peace talks with outfit
- ‘We have done this because Muslims are dying every day. . . We will never stop ’
- Woman charged with mistreatment of elderly mother
- Country living far from an easy stroll for nations elderly
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Venezuela Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Free Market Reforms Needed to Fix Venezuelas Socialist Economic Problems
- Trinindad Football hints at probe to uncover missing funds
- Rosneft Venezuelas PDVSA to sign joint venture documents
- International Friendly Venezuela 2 El Salvador 1
- Flavours of South America on show